1) Message in a bottle of sauce; Japan's corporate governance is changing, but it's risky to rush things;
2) Still work to be done; Japan's labour market is becoming more flexible, but also more unequal;
3) Not invented here; Entrepreneurs have had a hard time, but things are slowly improving;
4) No country is an island; Japan is reluctantly embracing globalization; and
5) JapAnglo-Saxon capitalism; Have Japan business practices changed enough?
Newsweekの12月10日付（写真２）では、もっと直裁的です。表紙のキャプションは「How Japan Lost Its Groove; The Asian powerhouse struggles to explain its stumbles in hot technology」です。本文のタイトルは「Why Apple Isn't Japanese」.